Assistant ProfessorBuchanan Tower997 - 1873 East MallVancouver, BCV6T 1Z1CANADAphone: (604) 822-4792email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver School of Economics
University of British Columbia
Research InterestsPrimary Interests: Labor Economics, Macroeconomics, Applied Econometrics
Interests: Search Theory and Estimation of Models with Search
Frictions, Economics of Education, Computational Methods
- Hoffmann, F. and P. Oreopoulos (2009) "Professor Qualities and Student Achievement." The Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 91 (1), pp. 83-92.
- Hoffmann, F. and P. Oreopoulos (2009) "A Professor Like Me: The Influence of Instructor Gender on College Achievement." Journal of Human Resources, vol. 44 (2), pp. 479 - 494.
- "An Empirical Model of Life-Cycle Earnings and Mobility Dynamics." [NEW VERSION COMING SOON]
Work in Progress
- Structural Changes, Labor Mobility and Wage Dispersion (joint with Shouyong Shi).
- Estimation of Models of Directed Search (joint with Shouyong Shi).
- Network Effects and the Educational Attainment of Young Immigrants.
- Shouyong Shi's lecture slides (Invited Lecture, April 2013):
- ECON 326 (Methods of Empirical Research in Economics)
- ECON 560 (Labor Economics for PhD-Students)