Assistant ProfessorIona Building6000 Iona DriveVancouver, BCV6T 1L4CANADAphone: (604) 822-4792email: email@example.com
Vancouver School of Economics
University of British Columbia
Research InterestsPrimary Interests: Labor Economics, Macroeconomics, Applied Econometrics
Interests: Empirical Search Models, Human Capital, Economics of Education, Computational Methods
- Complex-Task Biased Technological Change and the Labor Market. (with Colin Caines and Gueorgui Kambourov) Review of Economic Dynamics, vol. 25, pp. 298-319.
- Working Paper Version
- A non-technical summary is given in our Federal Reserve Board Discussion Paper Note:
- Burdett-Mortensen Model of On-the-Job Search with Two Sectors. (with Shouyong Shi) Review of Economic Dynamics, vol. 19, pp. 108-134.
in the Great Recession: A Comparison of Germany, Canada and the United
States. (with Thomas Lemieux) Journal of Labor Economics, vol. 34 (S1), pp. 95-139.
- A Community Instructor Like Me: Race and Ethnicity Interactions in the Classroom. (with Rob Fairlie and Philip Oreopoulos) American Economic Review, vol. 104 (8), pp. 2567-91.
- Professor Qualities and Student Achievement. (with Philip Oreopoulos) The Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 91 (1), pp. 83-92.
- A Professor Like Me: The Influence of Instructor Gender on College Achievement. (with Philip Oreopoulos Journal of Human Resources, vol. 44 (2), pp. 479 - 494.
Work in Progress
- Structural Changes, Labor Mobility and Wage Dispersion (with Shouyong Shi).
- Empirical Directed Search with Unobserved Heterogeneity and Human Capital Accumulation (with Hiro Kasahara and Shouyong Shi).
- Training Programs, Skills, and Human Capital: A Life-Cycle Approach (with Colin Caines and Guergui Kambourov).
Diversity and Labor Market Outcomes of the Native Born: Evidence from
the Canadian Census Master Files. (With Wesley Sze and Haimin
- ECON 326 (Methods of Empirical Research in Economics)
- ECON 328 (Methods of Empirical Research, BIE Program)
- ECON 460 (Labor Economics for Undergraduate Students)