Assistant ProfessorBuchanan Tower997 - 1873 East MallVancouver, BCV6T 1Z1CANADAphone: (604) 822-4792email: email@example.com
Vancouver School of Economics
University of British Columbia
Research InterestsPrimary Interests: Labor Economics, Macroeconomics, Applied Econometrics
Interests: Search Theory and Estimation of Models with Search
Frictions, Economics of Education, Computational Methods
- A Community Instructor Like Me: Race and Ethnicity Interactions in the Classroom. (with Rob Fairlie and Philip Oreopoulos) American Economics Review, forthcoming.
- Professor Qualities and Student Achievement. (with Philip Oreopoulos) The Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 91 (1), pp. 83-92.
- A Professor Like Me: The Influence of Instructor Gender on College Achievement. (with Philip Oreopoulos Journal of Human Resources, vol. 44 (2), pp. 479 - 494.
- "An Empirical Model of Life-Cycle Earnings and Mobility Dynamics." [NEW VERSION COMING SOON]
Work in Progress
- Structural Changes, Labor Mobility and Wage Dispersion (joint with Shouyong Shi).
- Dynamic Sorting with On-the-Job-Search (joint with Jeremy Lise and Shouyong Shi).
- Training Programs, Skills, and Human Capital: A Life-Cycle Approach (with Guergui Kambourov).
Diversity and Labor Market Outcomes of the Native Born: Evidence from
the Canadian Census Master Files. (With Wesley Sze and Haimin
- Network Effects and the Educational Attainment of Young Immigrants.
- Shouyong Shi's lecture slides (Invited Lecture, April 2013):
- ECON 326 (Methods of Empirical Research in Economics)
- ECON 560 (Labor Economics for PhD-Students)