Charles R. Menzies and Anthony Marcus (Editors) Anthropology for a Small Planet: Culture and Community
in a Global Environment, Second Edition. Vancouver: New Proposals Publishing. 2013
C. Carothers, K. Criddle, C.P. Chambers, P.J. Cullenberg, J. Fall, A. Himes-Cornell, J.P. Johnsen,
N. Kimball, C. Menzies, and E.S. Springer (Editors) Fishing People of the North: Cultures,
Economies, and Management Responding to Change. Fairbanks: Alaska Sea Grant, University of Alaska Fairbanks. 2012.
Charles R. Menzies. Red Flags and Lace Coiffes: Identity and Survival in a Breton Village.
Toronto: University of Toronto Press. 2011.
Charles R. Menzies. Dm sibilhaa’nm da laxyuubm gitxaała: Picking abalone in gitxaała territory.
Human Organization. 69(3) 2010.
Charles R. Menzies. Reflections on work and activism in the 'university of excellence.'
New Proposals Vol 3(2):40-55. 2010.
Special Theme Issue: Universities, Corporatization and Resistance
Charles R. Menzies AND Caroline F. Butler. The Indigenous Foundation of the Resource Economy of BC's North Coast.
Labour/Le Travail. 61 (Spring 2008), 131-149.
Caroline F. Butler and Charles R. Menzies. Traditional Ecological Knowledge and Indigenous Tourism.
In Richard Butler and Tom Hinch (Eds) Tourism and Indigenous Peoples: Issues and Implications. Oxford:
Charles Menzies and Caroline F. Butler. Returning to Selective Fishing through Indigenous Fisheries Knowledge: The Example of K'moda, Gitxaala
Territory American Indian Quarterly. Vol. 33(3):441-464.
Charles Menzies (editor) Traditional Ecological
Knowledge and Natural Resource Management. Lincoln,
Nebraska: University of Nebraska Press. 2006.
Charles Menzies and Anthony Marcus. Guest editors.
Vol. 47(1). 2005.
Charles Menzies and Anthony Marcus. Renewing the Vision:
Marxism and Anthropology in the 21st Century. Anthropologica.
Vol. 47(1): 3-6. 2005
Anthony Marcus and Charles Menzies. Towards a Class Struggle
Anthropology. Anthropologica. Vol. 47(1):13-33.
Charles Menzies. Putting Words into Action: Negotiating Collaborative
Research in Gitxaala. Canadian Journal of Native Education.
Vol. 28(1&2). 2004. Go to journal at www.ecoknow.ca
Kenneth Campbell, Charles R. Menzies, and Brent Peacock.
BC First Nations Studies. Vancouver: Pacific Educational
Press, UBC; Victoria: British Columbia Ministry of Education.
March 20, 2013. Zero Waste, Household Gardening, & the 100 Mile Diet: Idiosyncratic Individualism or the Ultimate Act of Anti-Capitalism?
In session: Alternative and Anti-Capitalist Systems of Food Production.
To access a podcast of available presentations copy this URL
and paste it into your podcast software application or click on links below to hear individual talks.
- February 26, 2011. “ Identity Matters; Identity Doesn't Matter. ” Panel Presentation at Nuanced Negotiations:
A Dialogue on Indigenous Reserach. Indigenous Research Group,
- November 28, 2007. “Paper at the American Anthropological Association meetings, Washington D.C..
Indigeneity, Social Class, and Class Consciousness on the Pacific Northwest.”
- November 23, 2007. “Presentation in the CCIE symposium on
Indigenous Knowledge and the Environment.”
- September 5, 2007. “Presentation to the IRES kickoff. On Respectful Research in a Colonial Context.”
- August 27, 2007. “CBC Radio - DayBreak- Interview regarding the 2007 UBC Ethnographic Field School.”
- July 17, 2007. “Guest Presentation to EADM 508A (Introduction to Indigenous Methodologies). Panel on Methodolgy.”
- July 7, 2007. “Why Worry about Artisanal Fisheries in the Age of Neo-Liberal Globalization.”
Presentation to MARE: People of the Sea Conference
- March 8, 2007. “Guest Presentation to IHHS 404 -
Relationships to the Land. ”
- November 24, 2006. “Presentation to The Special
Committee on Sustainable Aquaculture of the BC Legislature ”
- October 20, 2006. “Returning Home:Anthropological Research and Curriculum Development with Gitxaala Nation ”
- October 13, 2006. “Within and Against: Gerald Sider, Anthropology and Indigenous Peoples ”