This course is ongoing, and material will be added and modified throughout. Registered students can find grades and additional material on UBC Connect. TeX code for all documents is available from a git repository. Please contact me if you notice any errors or want to suggest changes or additions.Syllabus
Lecture notes and slides
- Introduction: slides
- Production functions: slides
- Demand and supply of differentiated products: slides
- Market entry: slides
- Single agent dynamic models: slides
- Dynamic oligopoly: slides part 1, slides part 2 , slides part 3 (continuous time)
- Bayesian estimation: slides
- Auctions: slides
- Price dispersion and search: slides
- Matching: slides
AssignmentsRemember, that you only need to complete the assignments or the open-ended replication.
- Reproducing Grieco and McDevitt
(2017) Due February 6th, 2018
- Dynamic decision model estimation. Code for loading data. Due March 6th, 2018
Guidelines for replication exercise
For the replication exercise, you should either:
- Summarize your chosen paper in 3-5 pages
- Attempt to replicate most or all of the paper.
- Write another 5 or so pages about your findings. You might not succeed in fully replicating the paper. That is okay. In that case, you should describe what you did and what difficulties you encountered.