This course is ongoing, and material will be added and modified throughout. Registered students can find grades and additional material on UBC Canvas. TeX code for all documents is available from a git repository. Please contact me (or better yet make a pull request) if you notice any errors or want to suggest changes or additions.Syllabus
Lecture notes and slides
- Introduction: slides
- Production functions: slides
- Demand and supply of differentiated products:
- Market entry: slides
- Single agent dynamic models:
- Dynamic oligopoly: slides part 1, slides part 2 , slides part 3 (continuous time)
- Regulation of transmission networks: slides, and natural gas pipeline slides
- Bayesian estimation: slides
- Auctions: slides
- Price dispersion and search: slides
- Matching: slides
AssignmentsRemember, that you only need to complete the assignments or the open-ended replication.
- Reproducing Grieco and McDevitt (2017) Due January 31st, 2019
- Entry model of pharmacies:
- Reproducing BLP (1995)
- Reproducing Grieco and McDevitt (2017)
- Dynamic decision model estimation. Code for loading data
Guidelines for replication exercise
For the replication exercise, you should either:
- Summarize your chosen paper in 3-5 pages
- Attempt to replicate most or all of the paper.
- Write another 5 or so pages about your findings. You might not succeed in fully replicating the paper. That is okay. In that case, you should describe what you did and what difficulties you encountered.